The Effective Speaking Programme is an Air Cadet League (ACL) sponsored activity and is in addition to the Cadet Training programme as prescribed by the Department of National Defense (DND).
The ACL believes that this programme provides and important skill which will benefit Cadets in their future undertakings. All effective speaking competition forms can be found on the National Air Cadet League website forms section.
The aim of the effective speaking programme is:
To provide an opportunity for Air Cadets to increase their self confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize, and express ideas.
To promote the citizenship component of local squadron training.
To provide a focus for the effective speaking component of the Senior Cadet Training Syllabus, Junior Leaders Course, and the Senior Leaders Course.
To increase public awareness regarding the citizenship and leadership aspects of the Air Cadet program at the national, provincial, and local levels.
We encourage all cadets to participate in this program as it is meant to augment the training goals of the cadet program by increasing their self confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize, and express ideas.
Topics For The National Effective Speaking Competition 2015
• The 50th anniversary of the Maple Leaf Flag (2015)
• Positively influencing your peers
• Importance of teamwork and effective leadership
• Education can happen outside the classroom
• Impact of texting on interpersonal communication
• First Responders – Canadian heroes
• Mental health issues in today’s society
• How has being a Cadet affected my life?