- Parade for the Band – Dec 7
- Field Trip – Dec 7
- Scholarship Camp Cadet/parent meeting – Dec 11
- Christmas Party – Dec 17
- Salvation Army – Dec 19
- Childrens Toy Donation – Dec 19
- Are you looking for some COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS, to fulfil school, cadet, or Duke of Ed requirements? There are many organizations that are in need of some help and they have asked us! See Captain Martin for details.
- All parents welcome to the Parent Information Night on the 1st Wednesday of every month (also CO’s parade) @ 7 – 8 pm in the Wing Lounge/Classroom 1 - upstairs at 861 HQ.
For more information visit our Message Board.
DON’T FORGET . . . .
- Senior inspection starts @6pm every Wed night.
- Cadets, if you are going to be absent, please call in to 861 @ (604) 852-5755 with the following information :
4. Short reason why you are absent.
If you are late, please check in with the Administration Officer upon arrival.
- CO's parade, 1st Wednesday in every month.
- Cadets: Shine your boots, ensure your hair length/style is within the CATO’s and obtain any replacement uniform items from 2LT Lundstrom in Supply (Monday nights 6:30 -8:30pm)
- All cadets with 4 years of service in the Cadet program are eligible for the Air Cadet League Long Service medal. For each additional year, the new gold rosette can be applied. Applications for all of these are listed under ‘forms’ at the bottom of this page.
Lost & Found
- OVERFLOWING LOST AND FOUND!! - Please come into supply any Monday or Wednesday and check our lost and found . We have your books, camping equipment, clothing, etc
Fantastic Cadet Zone Competition this weekend! 861 looked great and had amazing finishes. In total, Silverfox brought home 4 medals and 1 Top Male Cadet Biathlon Marksmanship Award. The 9 cadets from 861 that competed all placed in the top 6 finishes.
1st- Ethan Algra
2nd- Emmanuel Bussani
4th- Thomas Schratz
5th- Adrien Coloquhoun
6th- Marshall Bilinski
3rd- Jinny Lee
6th- Sharon Park
5th- William Schratz
3rd- Asel Jumataeva
Top Male Cadet Biathlon Marksmanship Award:
Ethan Algra- shot 8 out of 10 targets
After 2 months of land conditioning, 861 Biathletes got on snow this weekend at Manning Park. Perfect ski training conditions and option to ski UP the bunny hill!
See more photos in Gallery
Certificate of Merit Award well deserved! You always go above and beyond and We (Officers, Parents & Cadets) greatly appreciate your dedication and hard work at 861.
Parent Sponsoring Committee attended Air Cadet League AGM in Kamloops and returned with GOLD Level Certificate for 861 Squadron for the 2013-2014 year!
This is a fitness membership offer open to cadets, parents, sibling of cadets and Officers at an AMAZING rate! They just require first and last months fees up front and then the fee NEVER will change ($17.99/month)
On Saturday, the 861 Band along with 17 other Cadet marching bands, competed in the Lower Mainland Band Competition at Richmond’s Minoru Arena. An amazing and solid performance by all the Cadets revealed itself when our Cadets marched on to capture the GOLD in the C Division. The accolades didn’t stop there, for our Drum Major, Warrant Officer Second Class, Pausch received the ultimate honor of being awarded Best Drum Major for the whole competition! Congratulations to all of you, job absolutely well done.